Hello all.

I am familiarizing myself with Huber-Pestalozzi's treatment of the soft microalgae --† the series of "yellow books." Certainly others out there use these books frequently. How do you deal with the lack of magnifications for several of the specimens? For instance, in the 1983 volume (book 7.1: Das Phytoplankton des SŁŖwassers. Chlorophyceae, Ordnung Chlorococcales) almost none of the specimen drawings presented have associated magnifications, even though several different magnifications are used. The original sources are always presented, but many of those are not so easy to acquire.

I'm probably missing something simple due to my poor German, so I appreciate any thoughts on how others have sorted this out.

Best - Euan

Euan D. Reavie
Center for Water and the Environment
Natural Resources Research Institute
University of Minnesota Duluth
1900 East Camp Street, Ely, MN 55731
email†[log in to unmask]" target="_blank" title="mailto:[log in to unmask]">ereavie *at sign* nrri.umn.edu† |† web†
http://www.nrri.umn.edu/staff/ereavie.asp

Sign up for NRRI's Email Newsletter