Hi all,

Just a notice that a (few) places for this free workshop are still
available. If you are interested in a place for yourself or a member of
staff, mail my colleague, Diarmuid Stokes at [log in to unmask]

Original blurb as below and full details in attached PDF.

Dear colleagues,

The LIR group, which promotes the use of electronic resources in Irish
higher education libraries, is currently running a number of workshops
on the theme "Rising To The Challenge".

Myself and Diarmuid Stokes from UCD are co-ordinating the half-day
workshop for the Health Sciences. This event is FREE for all working in
an Irish health science library, such as those in hospitals or colleges.

We are especially looking for Library Assistants and/or those new to the
discipline to attend, in order to network with colleagues and see some
of the decisions to be made later in one's career, regarding deciding on
resources and weighing-up pros and cons when subscribing to databases.
We hope librarians will encourage their staff to attend - I know when I
was a Library Assistant I was extremely pleased to be asked by my Head
of Department to attend a similar event.

Full details are given in the attached PDF.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there,

Greg

Greg Sheaf
Nursing & Midwifery Subject Librarian
Trinity College Library
College Street
Dublin 2
Ireland

t: +353 1 896 2928
e: [log in to unmask]
w: http://www.tcd.ie/Library/support/subjects/nursing-midwifery/
Electronic mail to, from or within the College may be the subject of a
request under the Freedom of Information Act.