Yes, greed often overcomes discretion however  even it is usually the social dynamics of an organisation usually finish off any genuine attempt to improve a company.

In my company I learned very fast not to get credit for anything I did that benefited the company. People who work hard to help their organisation usually get  hunted down and exterminated.

The Law of Requisite Variety and POSIWID saved my life. I did a rough VSM because I'm not very au fait with that model but know enough to appreciate its importance as an analytical tool.

So I know that Cybernetics delivers the goods but my main question was what hard examples of any action that has come out of all the theorising on *this* listserv?

Frank