Yes,

I believe that whatever the good intentions, Malik are more stretched
and commercially-focused than we had expected. In particular, there
might have been some confusion on their part as to our own identity. I
don't think they fully recognised that we are a loose group of widely
spread individuals gathered round a set of ideas (and values?), but
not individually wealthy or able to throw finance or other personal
resources at this issue.

Metaphorum has a small pot of money which the steering group has
agreed to devote to the building of a more flexible, multi-purpose
site that would have no obligation to third parties (such as MZSG),
though we might still work in parallel with them. It would  also move
us towards your second valuable point - group decision-making.

My initial reflection, Barry, following what you say, is that it might
be a valuable part of the design process for this site (scheduled
possibly for the New Year), to have built into it from its inception
LINKS and pointers to other sites/communities with which we might
generate synergy.

That does not exclude other individual 'entanglements'  (Stefan) with
any other initiatives that Doug's messages seem to suggest,

Roger