Hi Barry --

Thanks for making this connection.  I joined one of your discussions, and
posted a couple of possible resources (websites of Metaphorum and ISSS) on
this site.  This seems like a neutral hub to display and link a lot of
different work.  I think it's worth some effort, but if not, it will fade
away from lack of activity.

Doug

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 8:24 AM, BARRY A CLEMSON <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> James Greyson, a strong English systems scientist, has just started a Wiser
> Earth web site called "Fixing Systems not Symptoms".  James already has a
> significant presence on the Wiser Earth site and has participated in several
> forums within Wiser Earth. I read a couple of his papers prepared for NATO
> and was mightily impressed.
>
> I showed James what the Beer listserve was talking about and he replied:
>
> Thanks for showing me this Barry. Wiserearth could be a nice place for
> systems people to hang out, swap notes and get more engaged with change on
> the scale that's needed. Wiserearth has yet to evolve into the community of
> change that it aspires to become, it's still a bit of a library of
> initiatives and lacks the necessary joining up of thinking that would shift
> solutions-as-usual into sufficient-solutions. So systems folk and wiserearth
> could be a blissful marriage. It might start by individuals having a wander
> around the site, signing up and getting involved with some existing groups
> and discussions. If it helps anyone I've put up a shell of a group, which is
> open to be edited and added to by anyone
> http://www.wiserearth.org/group/systems/. Please invite anyone you like to
> play around with it.
> Best wishes
> James
>

> I urge all of you with an interest in action to visit this site and
> contribute. At this stage it is basically a shell that is ready for content
> but that is about all.
>
> This tactic in no way precludes a future site dedicated to the specific
> contributions of the Beer Listserve if that seems useful, but this is a good
> entry to the wiserEarth community and a way to get started immediately.
>
> Consider yourself invited!
>
> Peace and Love,
>
> Barry

Doug McDavid