I wish you all the best with your recording, Brendan.  I remember Colin's fiddling very well from any number of sessions I did with Brian, and I saw Colin compete in the fleadh too.
Dan Milner

--- On Thu, 6/4/09, Brendan Taaffe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Brendan Taaffe <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: shameless self promotion
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 9:51 AM

Hello list,

Pardon the self promotion, but I am excited about the new album my band just finished and wanted to let you know about it because it's pretty straight up and tasty trad.  Magic Foot is the name of the band, and is a four piece unit.  Colin Lindsay, on fiddle, was one of Brian Conway's top students when he was growing up on Long Island—same era as Pat Mangan, and Colin did take the mid-Atlantic fiddle title one year (though never the All-Ireland).  He also won the mid-Atlantc senior concertina title a few years back, and is a lovely player.  Chris Stevens, on button accordion, is one of the leading young box players on the Boston/ New England scene and had a great sense of lift.  I play backing guitar, and Stefan Amidon is on percussion.  The album, called "Stomping Ground", shows our love for, and roots in, the Irish tradition and also our interest in the broader world.  In addition to the reels and jigs, we've got a set of Frédéric Paris
 schottisches and Andy Statman's Flatbush Waltz.

You can hear samples from the album at our myspace page (www.myspace.com/magicfootmusic) and purchase it on-line either at my website (www.brendantaaffe.com/buy) or by downloading it at www.digstation.com/MagicFoot.

cheers,

Brendan