LL  Iar sin do-berar dias éorna la Cormac i crêcht dia chrêchtaib &
duirp i crécht aile & gâe i crêcht aile, coro chnessaig tairsiu & co
mbaí bliadain i ssirg.

BB  Is iar sin do-beir Cormac deis eorna la i crecht do crechtaibh taidg
& duírb i crecht ele & gai go n-eim natrach isin tres crecht, coro
cnesaig tairsiu sin & co mbaí bliadain a seirc galair.

Lec  Is iar sin do-ber Cormac deis eorna la i crecht do chrechtaib taidc
& dobeir duirb i crecht n-aile do & dobeir gai co n-eim nathrach isin
treas crecht, coro chnesaig tarrsu sin & co mbai bliadain a seirc galair.

Here’s what I got:

       After that an ear of barley is brought by Cormac into a wound of Tadc’s
wounds and a worm into another wound and a spear with snake venom into
the third wound, until the skin formed across them, and he was in decline for a
year.

 BB and Lec -  It is after that Cormac brings an ear of barley into a wound...
  I don’t know what to make of ‘la’ in these two sources.

Duirp – looks like a variant of ‘dorb/doirb’ “small insect or worm (esp. one that
lives in water, opp. to ‘cruim’ earth-worm)”

DIL C 268.2 in the entry for “cnesaigid, heals” quotes our text and
translates “the skin formed”.  ‘cnes’ means skin.  A technical term that seems
to fit ‘cnesaigid’ is ‘epithelialize’ since skin is technically called ‘epithelium’.

‘serg’ is an o-stem masculine noun translated “decline, wasting sickness”.  DIL
S 191.7 mentions  “in the same sense serg galuir”  and gives several examples
of uses of the phrase.  ‘galar’ translates “sickness, disease”.

     I wasn’t sure whether  ‘bliadain’ was the nominative subject of ‘co mbaí’
(‘and it was a year’.... or ‘ and a year was’.  Or could it be a dative of time?
Or a nominative word indicating time?

   Does this mean that the skin covered over the barley, worm, and spear as
well so that they were left in Tadc’s body forever??

gai go n-eim natrach  --   I wondered if this could mean ‘a spear to the snake-
like handle’ referring to a metal snake around the handle.  The alternate
translation (‘with snake venom’) made more sense.  Also, I thought a spear
plunged all the way to the handle would probably kill Tadc.  Where did Cormac
get the venom?  Was there a trade in snake venom from Great Britain to
Ireland?

  I expect barley would not be a good thing in a wound.  Packing it into a
wound would hurt, and it would tend to crumble and I would expect festering
around the foreign bodies in the wound.

    The worm might be a good thing, if it was a maggot that eats dead
tissue.   You can buy medical-grade maggots for the treatment of dirty
wounds.  I read a story by a military  doctor in Italy during WWII who went to
the battlefield to put a cast on open arm and leg wounds after soldiers had
lain out there for hours.   The maggots in the cast cleaned the wound; the
doctor cut off the cast in the hospital when he heard the buzzing of the flies
and a clean, healing wound was revealed.   But a worm from a stagnant pond
might bring a lot of harmful bacteria with it.

    Obviously the snake venom would make Tadc sick in general, irregardless of
its effect on wound healing.
  Liz