Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:11:38 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Gromoviti znaci - number of pictures attached.
To: [log in to unmask]

You're still trying too hard.

Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 01:17:42 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

Can Gromoviti znaci can be round like a Solar Wheel?

From Wikipedia ;)
"Gromoviti znaci or thunder marks such as these are ancient symbols of Perun, which are often engraved upon roof beams of village houses, particularly in Eastern Slavic populations, to protect them from lightning bolts. It is conjectured their circular shape symbolises ball lightning"

I note the Celtic god figurine from Le Chatelet (Haute Marne) below with lightningbolt in one hand and in the other hand a Solar symbol with six spokes. Could the thunder marks of Perun be the same as the solar wheel of Taranis?
Taranis standing with sky wheel in left hand and thunderbold in right

Compare the Perun thunder marks below with symbol on the top corners of the attached picture of Taranucnus Altar.

Can a T become P? If so could Perun be the Celtic Taran? Or am trying to hard ;)?
(Welsh Pendaran 'Lord of Thunder'?)

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. See how it works.

Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. See how it works. You can unsubscribe yourself by logging in on the list archives page at https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CELTIC-L&X=36DAE1476AF514EF73, selecting the 'join or leave Celtic-L' link and going through the unsubscription routine there.