Hi all,

An exciting initiative called the "Garden of Eden Projects" has been awarded funding by Clare County Council and the Department of the Environment to part-fund 20 Garden of Eden Projects around Co. Clare.

If any of you know of a church, school or other community space that would like to plant a Garden of Eden Project, we are now calling on applications for up to 12 fruit and nut trees per project in Co. Clare. For anybody interested in planting a Garden of Eden Project elsewhere in the country we can offer advice and planting lists, but not the 50% funding at this stage.

The main aims of the project are:
Tackling climate change
Planning for Peak Oil
Maximising local sustainability
Educating children and adults in food growing
Waste minimisation
Social inclusion/community participation
Protection of agricultural biodiversity
Enhancing local wildlife habitats

More information can be obtained by emailing [log in to unmask] or by clicking on http://www.wetlandsystems.ie/gardenofedenproject.html.

Happy Christmas,

Feidhlim Harty

_____________________________
FH Wetland Systems Ltd.,
30 Woodlawn, Lahinch Rd., Ennis, Co. Clare.
tel. 065-6797355 email [log in to unmask]

See www.WetlandSystems.ie
for more information on:
Catchment Management
Constructed Wetlands
Eco-Toilet Systems
Edible Landscapes
Educational Resources
EIS/IPC
Stormwater Management
Waste Minimisation
Wetland Plant Supply
Zero Discharge Willow Systems

Environet is for communication related to environmental
sciences in Ireland under the aegis of the Environmental
Sciences Association of Ireland. Attachments are prohibited to
prevent virus transmission. To join Environet send message
"SUBSCRIBE ESAI firstname surname" to [log in to unmask]
Omit your signature and anything else you may normally add.
You will get an automated response.
To leave Environet, replace 'subscribe' with 'signoff'.