Very well said. The way Guru's try to change the world never worked. Sad
for Stafford c.s., but given it was even true for guys like Hitler
eventually, even the most powerful can't.

So what works? Well, to me it seems that "bottom up" has a better
chance. Look at Gates/Microsoft. They started at the bottom, their stuff
spread worldwide quickly. They were no guru's until AFTER the fact and
NEVER managed to change the world they created again ....

I've said it more than once: why not start at the bottom: small tools,
small applications, WIDE diversity, let 100 zillion flowers grow in SMB
organizations. Forget the ugly behemoths, spread globally, become
viruslike, go grassroots, just like linux, xampp, but then for the
management of self-control. Document cases: no just technically, but
also process and spam it to find fertile ground elsewhere. Until we
reach the tipping point.

Open source is not just a technical trick for code, it can also be used
to build an application-network, zillions of places where people play
with the tools, the stories, improve, steal, borrow, give, etc. All that
knowledge needs to be open source too. Have a look at how
www.cognitive-edge.com approaches this.

Hey! We are the complexity masters right! If WE can't bring about change
to a small complex system like the world, who will believe us when we
say the world needs to change. We ARE the world, IN the world.

Harold