From: Forum dedicated to the work of Stafford Beer [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of R Clemens
Sent: 11 February 2008 12:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: System failure

Yes, if my precocious comments can perhaps be tolerated once more: you (collectively) ARE them.  But I fear that today's younger generation of potential 'followers' see nothing and hear nothing -- not because they are blind or deaf -- rather perhaps so little is detectable by them, through the noise, that the current batch of potential "characters & beacons" are (for them) the 'silent generation'. Communications is essential but it is not about modems and telecommunications, it is about marketing in the market place.  It's about dialogue on 'wicked problems' -- but that is another infiltration of sustainability into the wrong "Subject:" area.  From what I can see, today's heroes are not in economics or engineering -- rather they are seen in those areas focused on ecological viability.

Russell