No disagreement there - all people learn in ways that suit themselves.

I thought we were getting along.....at least we're all still speaking to each other ;-)

From: Scottish Gaelic Language beginners forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 8:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [GAIDHLIG-B] The e glč časgaidh gu daoin e a ch uideachadh.

People are different, and so they learn differently.  Many, if not most, Americans have never attempted to learn another langugae.  Many, if not most, people will not recognize sounds that do not exist in their native language if they have never tried to learn another language.  They simply won't hear them.

That being said, let's all try to get along.

-------------- Original message from "Mackay, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>: --------------