Hello all,
    I would appreciate suggestions on references presenting methods to fix dinoflagellates for electron microscopy.  The samples will have to be stored for several months before doing any microscopy on them, so I am concerned about potential preservation artefacts.  The purpose is simply identification and not ultrastructure.  I am completely new at this, so the simpler the guidelines, the better.  Glutaraldehyde? Osmium tetroxide? Both?  Should there be a previous preservation step?
Your time is greatly appreciated,

Edwin
Dr. Edwin Cruz-Rivera
Assist. Prof./Director, Marine Sciences Program
Department of Biology
Jackson State University
JSU Box18540
Jackson, MS 39217
Tel: (601) 979-3461
Fax: (601) 979-5853
Email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

"It is not the same to hear the devil as it is to see him coming your way"
(Puerto Rican proverb)