Hello everyone,

I am in need of some direction or advice on how to calculate surface area of a group of algal blades.  Up until now I have been scanning the blades, but am looking for a faster methodology, and have come across the idea to use dye and a fluorometer.

Does anyone have a reference or protocol they know of that I could use?  I have purchased yellow-green Fluorescein dye, and have access to a fluorometer, but am unable to find applicable methodology.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you so much for taking the time to read this email!
-----
Jennifer Jorve
Graduate Assistant, Phycology Lab
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories