Hello everyone,

I am in need of some direction or advice on how to calculate surface area of a group of algal blades.  Up until now I have been scanning the blades, but am looking for a faster methodology, and have come across the idea to use dye and a fluorometer.

Does anyone have a reference or protocol they know of that I could use?  I have purchased yellow-green Fluorescein dye, and have access to a fluorometer, but am unable to find applicable methodology.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you so much for taking the time to read this email!
Jennifer Jorve
Graduate Assistant, Phycology Lab
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
8272 Moss Landing Rd.