On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:38:30 -0800, Dennis King <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Is there any other historical/archaeological/literary
>evidence for simple (unhooded) poncho-type brats in
>early Ireland?

Hi Dennis,

  This reminded me of the Brian Boru statue outside the Bru Boru Center
next to the Rock of Cashel in Tipperary.  I found a photo of it on the
web.  I do not know who the sculptor is, or what information the style of
clothing was based upon.  I have another photo, which I took myself,  with
a front view of the statue.   Let me know if you want it sent via private
email.    Liz

http://grb.mmto.arizona.edu/~ggwilli/photos/vacation/cashel/photos/photo_5.
html