Thank you very much Denis and Mona, I know the Alba information and your
answers have helped me nail the question I'm trying to ask.

Does anyone know if there is an Irish word for the whole of England,
Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The only one I've got is Pytheasís 350 BC
periplus "On the Seas", in which he chronicled woad painted folk from the
"Prettanike" isles, which was supposedly the name these poeple called
themsleves, and which Diodorus later rendered into Brettanic or something
similar.

However I'm not sure if this would apply to the whole of England, Ireland,
Scotland and Wales ot just the larger landmass, where he recorded most of
his observations.

Thank you very much