I have seen a convincing argument that the hooded "poncho" that became so prominent in Medieval monastic habits was in fact derived from the early Irish warrior's hooded poncho. However, you are asking for a hoodless version, which I have not heard of (though there were supposedly many variations besides the standard rectangular bra/t). If this hooded version would be of interest to you, I can look up the citation and pass it on. Let me know.

Best wishes,
Andrew

Elliott Lash <[log in to unmask]> wrote:> Is there any other