-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: Early Irish poncho?

 This means 'skull'.
For each of these, O'Rahilly gives the Brittonic forms
as well, which are: Welsh: diben 'result', Breton
dibenna 'decapitate', Welsh pengloch, Breton cloben.
(Note, I'm quoting the Brittonic forms from memory, so
I may be off on a bit of them).

<<
The Breton is _klopenn_ (at least in the Bro-Leon Breton I know best).
And the Welsh is _benglog_ (Calvary = Lle'r Benglog, as I recall from Bible reading).
Alexei