I am validating an XML dcoument against a schema. Here are two different error messages that I am getting when the validation fails:

1) cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '' is not a valid value for 'float'.

2) vc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'MiddleInitial'. One of '{"":FirstName}' is expected.

The second error message is very helpful because it gives me the name of the tag that is in error. The first error message is of little help because I don't know which tag has the problem.

Is there some way that I can make the validation process give me the name of the tag for the first type of error?

I don't know if this has any bearing on my issue or not, but the FirstName tag is required, while the tag that has the float datatype is not required.

Thanks for any input/advice.

Thank you,

krw

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com