In stanza 8, I was thrown by one of the symbols in the MS. I initially
thought this might be either:
(a) an s; or perhaps
(b) an se compendium.
In a subsequent post I retracted (b), but I was still uncertain whether
it was an s.

This same symbol turns up a number of times in stanza 9. I am happy to
say that I can now confirm that the symbol in question is indeed an
elongated s.

Here is my transcription and attempted translation of stanza 9.

9. Sagsain as saor so-air
[]na so-airthER(h) nin so-ir
Alba is Eire ar aon
tridhe arda a n-il
bailig fhis ar aoi a sgl
ris gac[h] laoi da ligh.

England which is noble [and] clear-skied
in its bright-morning [and] evening right-fresh,
Scotland and Ireland together:
a threesome [of nations] highest in learning
rich in knowledge in the matter of their histories
[and] as to each [there is] a lay for its declaiming.

Neil