Here's what I have for the translations of these paragraphs.   I hope
I caught all the comments and understood them correctly.  There are still
lots of questions about these passages.  I have copied the normalization
below so that people can compare the two.  Comments and corrections are
appreciated.  Beidh mé i Wisconsin ag teach mo thuismitheoirí amuigh faoin
tuath gan ríomhaire.  Rachaidh mé ar ais i gceann deich lae.  Liz Gabay

48. “Then there will be the curved rib from Cill ar Loch before (for?)
fifty-six months. He will bend down from (the) nobility of his race in a
downslope of humility, he will run down into a valley because of (the)
shaking of his soul, he rises into nobility out of true humility.”  “It is
God’s mercy, that is (the) material of chastity,” said Bricín.

 (I was not sure how to translate 'ar' here with 'chratib' which might be
a form of 'crothad' (shaking).  Also, is there a better way to
translate  'damnae óige in sin'?)

49. "Then there will be the tall fasting one of Condere before (for?)
thirty-seven years.  His mind will be chaste and he will be zealous
towards God since he will be gracious and generous to people."  "It is
God's mercy," said Bricín.

50. “Then there will be the learned one of Átha Bláir for forty-one years.
He will take hostages of Connacht (for) three years and a month.” “It is a
mercy.”

(I am still unsure about 'mí for trí blíadnai'.  I concluded that 'for'
might be a confusion for 'ar' and translated it accordingly.)

51. “Then there will be the rough-faced one from Glenn Gemen (that is,
Dúnchad húa Bruin) who will establish the three ranks, that is, the
division of Adomnán and of Segéne and of Colum Cille before (for?) seventy-
nine days.”  “It is a mercy,” said Bricín, “from God accordingly.”

   (The three men -- Adomnán, Segéne, and Colum Cille -- were all monastic
leaders of Iona.  Has anyone heard of any ranks, seats, divisions, craft
guilds, or groups of any kind that were associated with their names in
medieval Ireland? And is there a standard translation for 'ó Día
amne'?)

The provisional normalization to date:

48. "Biaid dano int asnae tairberthae ó Chill ar Loch ré sé mís ar
choícait. Da•n-airbéra a h-úaisli a cheniúil hi fán n-umalóite, reis
fo glend ar chratib a anme; con•ocaib i n-húaisli a fírumalóiti." "Is
trócaire Dé, damnae óige in sin," ol Bricín.

49. "Biaid dano in táebf*otae trednach Conderi ré secht mblíadnai ar
thríchait. Bid óg a menmae ocus bid léir fri Día ó bid déolaidech
tidnaicthech do doínib." "Is trócaire Dé," ol Bricín.

50. "Biaid dano in sanasach Átha Bláir blíadain ar chethorchait.
Gébaid gíallu Connacht mí for trí blíadnai." "Is trócar."

51. "Biaid dano in garbainech Glinne Gemin (.i. Dúnchad húa Bruin)
costaigfes na téora séisi .i. séis Adomnáin ocus Segéni ocus Coluim
Cille ré noí tráth for sechtmogait." "Is trócaire," ol Bricín, "ó Día
amne."