Micheál wrote:
>>> (c) Daor oraind ni fhuil

>> "Daor" in the late meaning "dear, precious" would have to be
>> followed by "do", I think.  Followed by "oraind" (< for, ar = on),
>> it would have to have the earlier oppressive sense of "base,
>> ignoble; hard, painful".

>> Generous Aignech is not hard on us (= is not stingy with us).

> If modern usage of use, "daor orainn" rather than "daor dúinn"
> is the usage to which I think you are referring here with meaning
> 'dear', 'expensive' -> 'precious'.

That doesn't make any sense.  See FGB s.v. "daor", para. 3.
"Hard, severe; costly (in effort, in suffering).  'Ní bheidh
Dia daor orainn', God will not be to hard on us.  'Bhí an
ghaoth daor orainn', we had an unfavourable wind.  'Ba dhaor
an turas orm é', I paid dearly, suffered, for that journey."

Dennis