> Personally, I think that whoever can afford a PC can speak
> the language required to operate it.

You may think so; but you could be wrong.

I can "afford" to buy a computer that operates in Arabic, but I can't
afford to set aside the time, and I probably will never have the skills,
to learn Arabic.

The ability to use a computer effectively can be a requirement for
certain jobs; there are plenty of job-seekers who can't afford a
computer, but, for them, the ability to use one is still important.

As the cost of accessing computers and information (which is the
important factor, not the ability to actually own the computer) drops to
something approaching $0, other barriers become important.

Small steps count.