At 09:49 AM 12/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:

Oh, I love your email, Sharon.  Do tell me what kind of work you do.  Where are you in the US?  My four downfalls are books, music, travel and jewelry.  Maybe I would be safer if I did not know what you do!!!
Vicki

<chuckle>  Well, I don't have much for sale at the moment, so you're somewhat safe.  :)

I'm in my second year as a Jewelry/Metals student at Edinboro University in Pennsylvania, about a half hour south of Erie & around 2 hours north of Pittsburgh.  The school's got this amazing art program that most folks don't seem to know is even here.

What I do at the moment is class assignments.  :)  This last semester, I did a neck piece with a spiculum & bidomal hollow form, a ceremonial object with a lap joint & a forged serving piece.  The neck piece was a torg with a pendant that turned out really nicely, the ceremonial object turned out to be a really, really big drinking horn in sterling silver & the server is a spoon based initially on the designs of Alphonse Mucha (eventually, I will finish the fork that goes with it).

Next term, I get to do an angle-raised piece, a chain of some sort & a die-formed piece.

I'm hoping to get a studio website up soon, maybe over Christmas break, where I can put up some photos of my work so folks can see what I'm up to.  It'll be fun.  :)

Sharon,
who's come along way from the Record store clerk she was when she first joined this list ages & ages ago......

I am not a cow, I do not moo.

"A split skull with an axe sticking out of it is not my idea of a disguised symbol"
- Dr. Mark Deka, on the symbolism of St. Peter the Martyr in Renaissance art