Hello All,

I have a few questions about the 'hanging numbers' that typefaces like
FFMeta has.

Why are they 'hanging' below the baseline?

Is there a purpose to it or its just something that German/Dutch type
designers like to do?

I have done a few projects and most of my clients don't like the hanging
numbers- to them it looks like a mistake. So I find myself having to
'correct' the hanging numbers by using the CAPS font. In the case of FFMeta
there is a CAPS version and the numbers are set- 'normally' on the baseline.

Do any of you have similar problems with 'hanging numbers'?

Regards

Arthur