Homeopathy has no basis in scientific theory and has been repeatedly
demonstrated to simply not work as claimed by those who believe in it, or
who don't believe but push it simply for profit. It could have indirect,
postive effects due to psycho-physio interactions, but so could eating a
few grains of sterile sand if you believed in homeosandy. Homeopathy can
have important side effects like death if it misleads someone with a
serious illness into feeling they only need homeopathy to get well.
Professional scientists should actively oppose pseudoscientific frauds such
as homeopathy, not support them.

"There is no alternative to medicine" - A. Rational

At 12:41 PM 9/8/03 -0400, christopher Scipio wrote:
>I am a homeopath and homeopathic researcher. I am looking for someone who
>could   wildcraft or supply me with some dumontia contorta to make into
>homeopathic medicines. I am doing research but am having trouble locating
>samples. I am willing to pay for the service. Homeopathy uses minute
>amounts of substance so I would not require sizeable quantities
>regards
>Christopher
>

>"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a
>miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
>

>     -- Albert Einstein
>

>"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
>He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would
>suffice."
>  – Albert Einstein

Mike Foster
Moss Landing Marine Labs
8272 Moss Landing Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039 USA
Phone: (831) 771-4435
Fax: (831) 632-4403

--
This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask] You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text or by accessing http://listserv.heanet.ie. If you have further difficulty please contact the listowner. More information and an archive of messages since 1995 can be found at http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l