Dear All,

I am forwarding this on behalf of the Health Sciences Libraries Group of
the L.A.I.

Regards,
John Cremin

There are still some places left on the Strategic Planning for
Information
Services course (see below) to be held on 4th June next. Last day for
booking is Thursday next 15th May 2003.
Please contact me directly for a booking form,
Regards,
Emma
Emma Quinn
Librarian
Waterford Regional Hospital
Dunmore Road
Waterford
IRELAND
Tel. +353 (0)51 842434
Fax: +353 (0)51 848561
Email: [log in to unmask]

Health Sciences Libraries Group of the Library Association of Ireland
has
invited Aslib (The Association for Information Management) to provide a
one-day training course entitled:

Strategic Planning for Information Services

This course will introduce the concepts and techniques of strategic
management for Library and Information Services, explain key steps in
the
planning process and provide guidance on carrying out a strategic review
of
your library/ information service.

Completing this course will enable you to:
*understand the concepts and terminology of strategic planning and
management
*identify the key components of a strategic review for your own
organisation
*select relevant planning tools and techniques to apply in a
library/information unit
*establish a planning process appropriate to your own needs

The course is to be held in Waterford Regional Hospital on Wednesday 4th
June 2003 from 9.45am-5pm

The maximum number of participants is 14

Course cost: ?180 per person

Lunch will be provided.

Please complete the booking form and return it to Emma Quinn, Librarian,
Waterford Regional Hospital, Dunmore Road, Waterford no later than
Thursday
15th May 2003.