>From: rlivingston1488 >In the Annals, he is only mentioned as a bishop who
>died around 500 AD.
>However, at this website, http://users.erols.com/saintpat/ss/0423.htm there
>is this discussion:
>
>Ibar of Meath B (AC)
>(also known as Iberius or Ibhar of Beg-Eri)

Late medieval Munster hagiography identifies four saints (whom your URL
calls Iberius, Ailbeus, Declan, and Kieran) who are said (in Munster
sources) to have preceded Patrick to Ireland. I was wondering whether there
was anything in the context of the passage to clearly identify whether the
bishop Ibar mentioned in the passage under discussion was the same Ibar said
to have been one of the Munster four. Probably the passage does refer to
Ibar of Beggery Island, but I was hoping for more certainty from the
context. Thank you for the URL, but that doesn't tell me whom the author of
the passage under discussion had in mind. Also, Usher and post-Reformation
legend (cited in your URL) are much too late to be helpful, except for
historiographical purposes.

Francine Nicholson