Please note the extended deadline for submissions: October 30, 2002.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Angeliki Poulymenakou <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Call For Papers: IS Perspectives and Challenges in the Context of
    Globalisation

Dear All,

As the Organising Chair, it is my pleasure to draw your attention to the
Call for Papers of forthcomming IFIP working conference on "Information
Systems Perspectives and Challenges in the Context of Globalisation"
  http://www.aueb.gr/ifip-isglob03

The conference will be held in the Athens University of Economics and Business,
Athens, Greece, 15-17 June 2003.

This conference is organised jointly with two very active IFIP working
groups, WG 8.2 (Information Systems and Organisations) and WG 9.4 (IT in
Developing Countries).  Geoff Walshham (University of Cambridge) is the
General Chair of the conference, Ramiro Montealegre (U of Colorado), and
Mikko Corpela (U of Kuopio, Finland) are the program co-chairs.

The deadline for submissions is October 30, 2002.

Accepted full papers will be incorporated in the proceedings volume to be
published by Kluwer. Apart from full papers we also solicit submissions
for work-in-progress, panels, workshops and tutorials.

One day before the conference, we are also organising the first IS PhD
Supervisors' Workshop (June 14, 2003). (For participation details contact:
David Avison, [log in to unmask])

We expect, as is the norm with working conferences of these groups, a
vibrant but relaxed atmosphere, high quality academic contributions, and
above all, challenging and stimulating discussions among key researchers
and practitioners in this field from all over the world.

June is usually high season for conferences. The IFIP ISGLOB03 in Athens
is nicely scheduled after the Bled e-commerce conference, and before the
ECIS conference in Naples to allow people an opportunity to maximise the
benefits from their overseas conference travel.

Looking forward to welcoming you in Athens,
Best Regards,
Angeliki
Dr. Angeliki Poulymenakou
IFIP ISGLOB03 Organising Chair
Ass. Prof. in Information Systems
Athens University of Economics and Business
Patission 76
10434 Athens
Greece
Tel/Fax: +301-8203154