>Can anyone suggest a good article or book, where I could read about the
 >original meanings of place names, especially from the Iveragh Peninsula
in
 >County Kerry??  I'm especially interested in Caherciveen (sometimes >
> spelled Cahirciveen, or Cahersiveen) or the nearby Ballinskellig.

Tá "Irish Place Names", le Flanagan agus Flanagan agam.  Is breá liom é.

Freisin, "Origin and history of Irish Names of Places", le P.W Joyce.
Make sure you get all 3 volumes, intact.  Should be about $150 or so.
This is supposedly the best, go bhfios dom.

Paul Carr

Labhair í agus mairfidh sí! (Ní hansa)