In a message dated 6/20/02 6:32:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Crúach can mean bloody or slaughter, but also stack of corn or conical
 pile, as in Crúach Patrick. (All definitions from DIL.) >>

<snip>

<< I am not particularly inviting speculation on this
 identification, but I'd like to know what the language experts think of
 the possibility that the name Crom Crúaich can be legitimately
 translated as "a stack of corn with a curving design". >>

Feasgar math, Richard.

I wouldn't by any means call myself an "expert" on Old Irish, but I thought
that one of the interpretations of "Crom Crúaich" was "Bent One of the Mound."

Beannachd,
Croman ("Hawk," or "Little Crom," among other meanings)