On Wednesday, June 19, 2002, at 01:05 AM, David Stifter wrote:

> You are certainly correct. "Cíanguth" is a literal translation of Greek
> tele-phone "far-voice".

Thanks!  And now, another question.  A sentence near the end of the tale
reads:

Fecht n-and dia:mboí Donnchad ina suidiu ina chacc cadeisin gabsai ferg
már.

I was confused by "gabsai".  It looks like 2nd sg. "you took", where I
would have
expected "gabais" (he took).  But now I'm guessing that it is really the
verb with
a suffixed pronoun: gabais + i > gabsai = it took him, thus:

"Once when Donncad was sitting in his own shit he got very angry (lit.,
great
anger took him)."

An bhfuil an ceart agam?

Dennis