RE: [CELTIC-L] What every Celticist should know - Celtic Bohemia

I really appreciate your answers...

Sorry for a wrong number, it should be 3250 years old genetical mutation G551D CFTR, linked to cystic fibrosis. It is not a "continuum" through Europe, only population of Celtic part of Atlantic coast and population of Bohemia has an important percentage of this gene. For example the population of eastern Germany, which is located at the same border region between Germany and Slavic region, and which has similar history as Bohemia, has a "slavic", gene, but no "celtic" gene.

To understand my motivation: during the 50 years of communism, the historical science was a servant of politicans. During that time only "pure slavic" theories were allowed. So even now, more then 10 years after the end of communism, the historical truth is on her way to the general public. For example at the Historical museum at Prague Castle, pre-slavic cultures are mentioned very, very briefly (one panel for Celts, one panel for German tribes), mainly because it is considered as unpleasant by some people, namely pan-slavists and other people influented by communists education. So any strong, irreversible scientific proofs of our links to pre-slavic population are very important, as they cannot be intentionaly neglected.

Of course we cannot count Czechs to Celtic nations :o) , but we can consider us as a nation with Central European tradition. It fits well, because from very begining of Czech history, Czechs were rather "strange" Slaves - slavic population was coming to Bohemia family by family, in small groups, the active links of the first Czech nobility to Bavaria, first Czech state founded by (perhaps Jewish) merchant coming from Germany, high level of communication between Czech nobility and Holy Empire nobility from very begining of Czech state, no "cillision of civilisations" between Bohemia and Germany in time of first Czechs in Bohemia, only the "gentleman" wars with a lot of negotiations and dynastical marriages (in contrary to the bloody conflicts between Germans and Baltic Slaves, which ended by total germanisation of lands between Elbe and Odra).

Also our folk culture belongs to the Central Europe tradition, there are no folk songs common with Russians or Yugoslavs, but a lot of folk songs common with Bavaria and Austria.

So perhaps all these details can be considered as a result of still unconscious continuity.

regards,
Otakar Kverka