>There seems to obvious ommissions in the list (i.e. art).
>        I have added my suggestions in UPPERCASE.
>
>Lowell McFarland <[log in to unmask]>

Don't forget the coins. With over 31,000 Celtic coins recorded and
photographed from Britain alone, they are the most numerous ancient Celtic
items known. From them we can study localized iconographies (often tied in
with the status of those who use either gold or base metal coins, Celtic
metallurgy (including alloys, recycling and sources of ores),  minting
techniques, movements of people, and the uses of the coins (as currencies,
items of value, mercenary payments, and religious offerings). We also can
use them to study the fusion of Celtic with Greek and Roman art, and
identify the artistic practices of individuals within the framework of
regional styles.

Cheers,

John

http://www.writer2001.com/
Hooker & Perron, Total Project Coordination
Database-Web...Graphics...Custom Maps...Colour Suites...Expert Systems
Building the Celtic Coin Index on the Web:
http://www.writer2001.com/cciwriter2001/