Hi Alizah, hi all,

> From: CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.
> [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Alizah E Solomon
>
> I suppose what I should ask is:  is this an "academically viable"
> text?  It is really mentioned in Celtic reading lists and so on-
> Can I use it as a source?  I suppose that depends on the kind of
> work I'm doing

Absolutely, it depends on what you want to do with it.
If you want to use it to reconstruct "Ancient Pagan Celtic" religion, then
no way, leave your hands off it.
If you want to study the early modern Welsh culture, or the traditions
associated with the Gorsedd, or similar topics, then it is without doubt a
very important source.

RAY

Raimund Karl <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Research Fellow for European Archaeology
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
National Library of Wales
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru, UK
SY23 3HH
Phone: (+44 1970) 626717 20