I really appreciate your answers...

Sorry for a wrong number, it should be 3250 years old genetical mutation
G551D CFTR, linked to cystic fibrosis. It is not a "continuum" through
Europe, only population of Celtic part of Atlantic coast and population of
Bohemia has an important percentage of this gene. For example the population
of eastern Germany, which is located at the same border region between
Germany and Slavic region, and which has similar history as Bohemia, has a
"slavic", gene, but no "celtic" gene.

To understand my motivation: during the 50 years of communism, the
historical science was a servant of politicans. During that time only "pure
slavic" theories were allowed. So even now, more then 10 years after the end
of communism, the historical truth is on her way to the general public. For
example at the Historical museum at Prague Castle, pre-slavic cultures are
mentioned very, very briefly (one panel for Celts, one panel for German
tribes), mainly because it is considered as unpleasant by some people,
namely pan-slavists and other people influented by communists education. So
any strong, irreversible scientific proofs of our links to pre-slavic
population are very important, as they cannot be intentionaly neglected.

Of course we cannot count Czechs to Celtic nations :o) , but we can consider
us as a nation with Central European tradition. It fits well, because from
very begining of Czech history, Czechs were rather "strange" Slaves - slavic
population was coming to Bohemia family by family, in small groups, the
active links of the first Czech nobility to Bavaria, first Czech state
founded by (perhaps Jewish) merchant coming from Germany, high level of
communication between Czech nobility and Holy Empire nobility from very
begining of Czech state, no "cillision of civilisations" between Bohemia and
Germany in time of first Czechs in Bohemia, only the "gentleman" wars with a
lot of negotiations and dynastical marriages (in contrary to the bloody
conflicts between Germans and Baltic Slaves, which ended by total
germanisation of lands between Elbe and Odra).

Also our folk culture belongs to the Central Europe tradition, there are no
folk songs common with Russians or Yugoslavs, but a lot of folk songs common
with Bavaria and Austria.

So perhaps all these details can be considered as a result of still
unconscious continuity.

regards,
Otakar Kverka