Jean-François,

As I said, there is a serious problem with trying to apply a
single-instance solution to a multiple-use tool like a typeface. Ink
traps work for one method of reproduction on one substrate at one
size. That requires an attitude toward type more like the
pre-pantograph lead type days--the font as a single instance. While
it may be worthwhile as a pre-press operation, I doubt the
application of overt ink traps will become common except in specialty
faces or as an affectation.

The way type is reproduced has a great effect on its final form. You
aren't dismissing consideration of reproduction are you?

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Swanson Design Office
536 South Catalina Street