>>The Call for Entries for the annual Type Directors Club Type Design
>>Competition, TDC2 2002, is ready.
>>HTML and PDF versions are available at:
>>
>><http://www.tdc.org/calls/tdc22002/index.html>
>>
>>Printed versions will be sent to TDC members by physical mail shortly.
>

>Gary, thanks for making this information available. But black type on
>an (almost) black background, as the site shows? Not very impressive
>for a renowned typo organization.

Thanks for the critique, Rolf; the style sheet actually suggests very
pale gray texts, which would appear on dark middle gray on a
true-black background.

I wonder which browser is yielding dark-on-dark? I'll guess a PC with
a high gamma number,or low brightness; Netscape, with JavaScript off
(yay!) , thus no style sheet support; preferences set to "use my
colors."

I'll lighten things up after a suitable period.; somber black seemed
appropriate last week.