In a message dated 08/21/2001 9:33:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  In Russian, the capital N followed by an underlined o, is still a valid
>  abbreviation for "Number". Some Cyrillic fonts have a single character for
>  that abbreviation.

What makes it even more interesting is that the Latin "N" is not part of the
Cyrillic alphabet. The sound of "n" is represented by "H" in Cyrillic.

-- Dick Weltz, Spectrum Multilanguage Communications, NYC
          High Quality Translators/Foreign Language Typographers
Info, humor, recipe, freebies, and more.  Visit our Web
pages at  -- <A HREF="http://come.to/spectrum">http://come.to/spectrum</A>