        Hi Dazza,

        For someone just starting out, I can't recommend investing time
        and money in Fontographer (for the same reasons that Roy stated).
        RoboFog perhaps being the exception. Now don't get me wrong, FOG
        is good and I've used it for a long time now, but I have to say;
        every typeface I work on nowadays is mastered in FontLab.

        Are you on a Mac or PC? FontLab 4 is coming out very soon (for PC).
        With FL4, the drawing tools are much better and it's supposed to be
        able to make OpenType fonts. I may completely switch over once I
        have the new version for both platforms. BTW, The Mac version of
        FL4 probably won't be out for a while.

        Anyway, just my 2. I hope it's of some use to you. Good luck.

        Yours,
        Delve Withrington