I was interested in ScanJam's Cassandra. At their website
(http://www.scanjam.com/) they claim that the font was made for "Geek Pride
Festival" and that the font was "born with the revival of a single
nineteenth-century display type".

Here's the interesting part: I recently came across a "Mr. French" font
(http://www.mrfrench.com/dir_f.jsp?agree=true) called "Paydirt" that, from
what I can tell of the screen sample, is the *exact* same font as ScanJam's
Cassandra (details: Cassandra does have 5 other families)

Waiting for a response from ScanJam will make me a bitter old man, as all my
emails have gone unanswered. I'm going to post two questions I'm hoping
somebody can answer:

1. Did Mr. French copy this font or is this their version based off the same
"nineteenth-century display type" that ScanJam may have been inspired by?
Which brings me to my second question:

2. Does anyone happen to know what "single nineteenth-century display type"
ScanJam used as inspiration?  I'd be interested in seeing the originals, and
how they were used.

Thanks in advance.