On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Toby Stokes wrote:

> Interesting article in The Guardian yesterday;
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4241935,00.html
> that covers the 'ragged columns/justified news' debate that was
> discussed here recently, and other typographic issues.

I note that they make a point about newspapers not identifying their
editors and sub-editors.  That is ENGLISH newspapers; in the U.S. I
have never heard of a newspaper that does not proudly list them all.
I subscribe to _The Economist_ and have noted that they do not even
identify the writers of any of the contents.

Harvey

 Harvey Fishman   |
[log in to unmask] |           A little heresy is good for the soul.
  718-258-7276    |