Professor Garrison writes: << This from an end user who sometimes finds an
existing True Type or Type 1 typeface lacking needed characters, e.g.,
vowels with the Latin breve or macron accent, special glyphs, etc. It is
possible to modify an existing set (say, a Garamond) to add such a special
and return the typeface to its place for use in Word or WordPerfect? This
talk of the wondrous powers of FontLab inspires my query. >>

I have a very similar question. Is is possible to combine the features of
one font with the features of another font? I assume that one could do this
with FontLab but it costs $500, could this also be done with FontLab's
TypeTool which only costs $100? (And is it legal to combine such fonts for
personal use?)

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, IL (USA)