Hrant,

>Things have really started to get out of hand (in terms of the
>globalization of materialism), and I think we need to pull out
>all the stops. I feel nondescript currency would help, at this
>point - it would be "socially-responsible design". One day in
>the future, it might again become a good idea to make currency
>respectable again. Dynamic balance, baby.

Not nondescript: Lovely engravings of leeches and maggots in
pinstriped suits feeding on the body of the dying earth. The higher
denominations can show dying junkies shooting the powdered remains of
ground-up luxury goods directly into their own arms.

You've got something here.

The coins should still have the pictures of powerful people as an
antidote to the People magazine notion that it really matters whether
you're ugly.

Gunnar
--
Gunnar Swanson Design Office