Greetings all,

I think it is only justified to admit that I have been lurking silently in
the shadows. Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you all for the interesting
contributions to this very focused discussion list. For now I will keep this
e-mail brief. We are undertaking an Africa-focused project (mostly on ICT
issues) here at the United Nations University/Institute for New Technolgies
(UNU/INTECH), Maastricht, The Netherlands.

I sincerely believe that it is important to build a corpus of serious
African researchers, working in this area, based in the continent. It is
important that any work being developed in the West for the continent is
done in a participatory manner with researchers on the ground who know the
reality. I would appreciate any information/contacts of possible researchers
who we can utilise in our work programme now and beyond. This will be kept
in our database at the Institute for use by us and our
partners/collaborators.

Kindly get in touch with me via private mail.

regards

Nyaki Adeya

P.S. With reference to the above, as a matter of urgency, are there any
researchers from Senegal.