Help for UILLEANN Archives

UILLEANN Archives

Subject: Re: Tim Britton Writes to List Pt. II
From: Phil Sexton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:54:26 -0500

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 15:49, [log in to unmask] forwarding as Tim Britton
wrote:
> My
> reeds don't crack by themselves.

That's untrue.

I KNOW that at least one of them did.  One blade cracked down the
centerline while sitting in the reed seat of the chanter overnight.

You would have to have a large batch of exceptional arundo donax to
never have reeds crack.  Until I started wetting the bottom inch before
tying on, I had about a 25% failure rate from reeds cracking overnight
after tying up the first or second time.

--
Phil
Our 2nd CD: http://www.cdbaby.com/naomisfancy