Subject: O, bad apostrophe
From: Michael Brady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:12:49 -0400

Well, I thought I had seen all the ways an apostrophe could be
wrongly use, but the other day in a newspaper ad for an automobile
dealer, I saw:

Ford   03'
Chevy  06'
Jeep   05'

Yep, that's right.

NOT a straight single quote in front
NOT a proper opening single quote in front

They used a proper apostrophe AFTER the abbreviated date.

Just when you think you've got it figured out, something else pops up.

Michael Brady
www.michaelbradydesign.com