Subject: Re: Irish personal names
From: Richard Weltz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:15:52 EST

In a message dated 10/30/2002 5:23:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Microsoft Outlook 2000. I've searched via the software's 'Help' option but
> haven't been able to find how to insert accents. I've asked our Help Desk
> and am on the waiting list for a call back. Maybe I haven't got the full
> blown package.

Go to your Control Panel. Double-click on "Keyboard"; click on the "Language"
tab; click on Properties; select US International.

This will configure your keyboard with a series of "dead" keys that permits
easy typing of common European accents. For example, if you type ' then e,
you will get  ; if you type " then o, you will get , etc.

-- Dick