Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: the scribe's posture
From: Pamela O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Apr 2010 13:44:58 +1100

Thanks, Dennis - gorgeous!  I understand that draftsmen and architectural
drawing people still (or at least did until computers took over) use such
slanted work surfaces - the tech drawing room at my high school (into which
only boys were allowed!) had high sloping desks.  As one who has suffered
with bad back pain, I can vouch for their ergonomic advantages.  However,
one would hope that the postures of the scribes in some of these images are
not quite accurate - I hurt just looking at them!!
Pamela

--
Dr Pamela O'Neill, FSA Scot
Honorary Associate, School of Letters Art and Media, University of Sydney