Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: festival question
From: CONRAD BLADEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 11 Aug 1995 23:25:32 -0400

The customer is IN your session unless you do the session as a concert.

It the case where it is give an a concernt the house rules should apply.
Then it depends on who you are working for- if you are working for them.

I think it is a basic human tendancy to react to volume levels and
musical complexity. A change of tempo will cause people to reassess.
If it is just volume they will just do battle with you and inrease
their own but if it is a chnage of style it gives them pause. As in
storytelling.

Yes if you keep them guessing it is harder for an audience to build a
united front-the same is true if you challenge them to take part or
identify with the music should they want to put their two cents in
and you don't have change for a dollar.At least you should be able to
collect from their investment.

Have you ever been to play/eat / drink in a pub which was too clean!-
god! can we not have standards here ! I just came from a place which was
so clean that one would suspect an operation was to be soon underway
---so clean that a roach brought in would go insane!

I feel for the smoke but sometimes sterility leads to lack of mental
children!

Conrad

Internet Carbado/ir-Perfect Spelling is the Devil's Work-If you Don't
like the way this message is spelled use you spell checker on It!
A wise man will never play leap frog with a Unicorn!Is minic a bhain
cuileog brom as bulo/g!e.mail [log in to unmask] Classes in
Celtic Studies/Irish Culture registration for Fall Ongoing:Join the
Commemoration of the Great Famine 9/95 go to:
http://www.infi.net/~cksmith/famine/PotatCom.html